- Two people close to Steve Austin say that he has no great desire to do another match and that he was comfortable when he left. Austin won’t do another match unless he can perform at the level he was at because he doesn’t want to short-cut his way through or work an old man style match.
- It’s said that CM Punk was happy to go heel. The story is that Punk realized he was never going to surpass John Cena as the #1 babyface but the #1 heel slot has been wide open.
On a related note, Randy Orton has made it clear he wants to be a heel and can perform as a top heel. The problem with that is WWE won’t turn him until they are fully confident in Sheamus drawing as the top babyface on the SmackDown side.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Stars Tagged In This Post:CM Punk
More Recent WWE News
- The Highlight Reel and More Set for RAW, WWE Signs 2 New Divas
- Post-Prison Update on Sunny, Big Success for WWE's The Marine 3
- Backstage News on Heat In WWE Developmental, Former Trainer Takes a Shot
- How Did Axel's Debut Do on RAW?, Sheamus vs. Titus, More
- More on Bret Hart Night at RAW, NXT Women's Title Hype, Lilian
- Tyson Kidd Teases Return, Fan Sign Taken, WWE 2K14 Update, RAW
- WWE NXT Tapings Tonight, Extreme Rules DVD Cover, Bray Wyatt
- NFL Players Who Would Be Great WWE Stars, Daniel Bryan Note, JBL & Cole World Tour
- Jim Ross Comments on DC Visit, MITB PPV Being Pushed, Odd CM Punk Video
- CM Punk on WWE Hiatus, Daniel Bryan Turns 32, WWE Bodybuilding Pasts
, John Cena
, Randy Orton
, Steve Austin