- We noted before that Heath Slater vs. Kofi Kingston was taped last night in Austin, Texas as the first match for WWE’s new Saturday Morning Slam show that debuts on August 25th, the Saturday after WWE’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. That match saw WWE United States Champion Santino Marella come out for commentary and he had the US Title belt with him.
This could be a sign that Santino will retain the United States Title against Antonio Cesaro in the SummerSlam YouTube pre-show match this coming Sunday, August 19th. It’s always possible that WWE could not show Santino on Saturday Morning Slam or do some other kind of editing if they decide to have Cesaro win the title in the SummerSlam pre-show match.
Stars Tagged In This Post:Heath Slater
More Recent WWE News
- Jim Ross Comments on DC Visit, MITB PPV Being Pushed, Odd CM Punk Video
- CM Punk on WWE Hiatus, Daniel Bryan Turns 32, WWE Bodybuilding Pasts
- Bob Holly Talks About Watching WWE & TNA Wrestling
- Carlito Wants Left Alone, Rock Hypes Hercules Filming, Bart Gunn Update
- Press Release: The Shawn Michaels Experience
- Roman Reigns Possibly Injured at Last Night's Tapings
- Backstage Update on The Rock's Future, Possible Lesnar Opponents
- Randy Orton's SummerSlam Feud, Idea Discussed for Extreme Rules
- WWE Looking for New Commentator, News on Orton's Punt Kick, More
- WWE Looking to Work with NFLPA, Possible Relief for OK Victims
, Kofi Kingston
, Santino Marella