– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with CM Punk coming to the ring. Michael Cole welcomes us. he’s joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler. The ring ropes are pink and white for WWE’s partnership with Susan G. Komen.
We see footage from Punk being beat down by Ryback and Curtis Axel on last week’s RAW. Punk hits the ring and the fans chant his name. Punk talks about getting his hands on Curtis Axel and making him go to sleep, about getting his hands on Ryback and showing him what really happens to bullies. Punk says this story ends when he finally gets his hands on Heyman. Punk encourages a “Ryback sucks” chant. Punk says this story could end right here tonight and the fans chant for him. RAW General Brad Maddox comes out to the ring.
Maddox says Punk ending the story tonight isn’t what’s best for business, he has a shot at Ryback at Battleground. Punk wants an outlet for his aggression. Big E Langston comes out. He says if Punk wants aggression, he’s his man. Langston decks Punk with a microphone and beats him down. Big E with big shoulder thrusts in the corner. Punk dodges a thrust. Maddox calls for a referee down and we’ve got a match.
CM Punk vs. Big E Langston
We come back from commercial and Punk is working Big E over on the floor. Punk brings it back in and hits a crossbody from up top for a 2 count. Punk tries to scoop Big E but can’t. Langston levels Punk and covers for a 2 count.
Big E works Punk over some more and focuses on the leg. Punk fights back with chops and kicks but Big E runs over him again for another 2 count. Punk counters a hold and rolls Big E up. Big overpowers and slams Punk for another pin attempt. Punk fights back from his feet. Langston goes for a move but gets kicked in the head and goes down. 2 count by Punk. More back and forth. Big E with another huge clothesline and a 2 count. Big E misses a splash. More back and forth until Punk gets the win with a GTS.
Winner: CM Punk
– Still to come, the Rhodes Family will be here for a “family summit” with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston
Back from the break and out comes Summer Rae and Fandango, wearing his new pink t-shirt for breast cancer awareness. Kofi Kingston is out next, also wearing a new pink t-shirt. Back and forth to start the match.
Kofi ends up getting the win with a Trouble In Paradise.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
– After the match, Kofi begins to celebrate but the lights go out, Bray Wyatt lights the lantern and heads to the ring with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. Kofi has grabbed a steel chair and waits. Wyatt stops and talks about wondering why horrible things happen to him. He says his nightmare hasn’t ended and finally, he understands what he must do – one by one, they will all fall down. Follow the buzzards, he says. Bray laughs and the lights go out. We go to commercial.
– The Bella Twins are backstage talking about Battleground when Randy Orton walks up. Orton congratulates her on getting engaged to Daniel Bryan. He asks when the wedding is. He says she should schedule it sooner than later because there’s a good chance Bryan won’t make it down the isle after Sunday.
– Renee Young is backstage with Paul Heyman. She asks about CM Punk. Heyman says Punk is a nobody who became a Paul Heyman Guy. Renee says Ryback is around the corner and Axel is hiding behind equipment, wondering if Heyman has another trap set for Punk. Heyman dares Punk to make a move tonight.
– We get another vignette for Los Matadores.
Los Matadores vs. Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal
3MB wait int he ring as Los Matadores and their bull mascot El Torito come out for their debut. After a back and forth match that got a “boring” chant at one point, Matadores get the win after a double team move.
Winners: Los Matadores
– After the match, El Torito bounces on the ropes as Matadores celebrate.
– We get a look back at two weeks ago when Big Show knocked out Dusty Rhodes. Still to come, the big family summit. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are introduced. They come out to Triple H’s theme song. Triple H invites the Rhodes family out and guarantees their safety. Dusty Rhodes’ music hits and out he comes with Goldust and Cody Rhodes, all in suits.
Stephanie congratulates Cody on getting married and asks if he got the Bed, Bath & Beyond gift card. Triple H asks why they all have looks of hostility on their faces. Triple H says they have given chances to the Rhodes family and they keep failing. Triple H asks Dusty if he’s upset he couldn’t make it out of Florida and the NWA and failed when he tried working on a national level with a McMahon. Stephanie says they want to give Cody his job back and want to give Goldust a job, if they can beat Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns at Battleground. If they lose, they’re done for WWE forever and Dusty loses his developmental job. Dusty says he will be in their corner at Battleground. Stephanie says Dusty is itching for a fight. She warns him to be careful what he wishes for because he just might get it. Stephanie and Triple H exit the ring as the Rhodes family looks on. As they’re leaving, The Shield attacks. Roman Reigns spears Goldust. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose beat down Cody. They go after Dusty before triple teaming Cody and hitting the big powerbomb. Rollins stomps on Dusty some more and they taunt him. A “you suck” chant breaks out. The Shield stand over Dusty and pose as we go to replays.
– Still to come, Orton and Bryan will go face to face. Back to commercial.
R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel
Back from the break and out comes R-Truth in his new pink t-shirt. WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel is out next with Paul Heyman for a non-title match.
They start off and Axel tosses Truth to the mat and talks some trash. Truth dances around and the crowd pops. Axel gets in his face and mushes him back. Truth with a big smack to the face that sends Axel down. Truth makes a comeback and Axel goes to the ropes. Lots of back and forth in the match. Fans start chanting for CM Punk. Axel turns it around and Punk’s music hits, interrupting things. Heyman gets scared at ringside. Truth takes advantage of Axel being distracted and drops him for the win.
– After the match, Heyman realizes Punk is playing games with him. Truth celebrates and taunts Heyman. We go to replays.
– The Bella Twins are backstage walking as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers congratulate Trish Stratus on her new baby boy Maximus.
– We get a video looking at Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan’s relationship.
Alicia Fox vs. Brie Bella
Alicia Fox waits in the ring as The Bella Twins make their way to the ring.
Back and forth to start the match. We see AJ Lee watching backstage with Tamina Snuka. Brie ends up getting the win after hitting her finisher.
Winner: Brie Bella
– Still to come, Dolph Ziggler and The Usos vs. The Shield in a six-man match. Back to commercial.
– Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman are backstage. Axel is clutching his title and pacing around. Heyman tells him to relax and says Axel is looking at this the wrong way. He says Punk is out of his league messing with them. Ryback appears and says after last week, if Punk wants them then he can have them. Heyman tells Ryback to go get some food and he will see him in a few minutes. Heyman calls Ryback beautiful as he walks off. Heyman talks to Axel about how he has a new outlook on things since Ryback saved his life. Heyman says he’s going to the ring to propose to Ryback.
– We get a look at Stephanie McMahon making Big Show take out The Miz last week.
– Renee Young is backstage with Big Show. He says he’s holding up as well as he can right now. She says it looked like he was about to explode on SmackDown and we see footage of his segment with Triple H. Show says his financial situation is being held over his head. Show goes on and says he’s a good person trying to do right by his family. Show says he’s done everything he’s been told to, including knocking out a man he idolized growing up. Show says he can’t take it anymore. He’s going to find Triple H and show him exactly how he feels. Show says he’s going to knock Triple H the hell out. Show walks off and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and R-Truth is asking Brad Maddox for an Intercontinental Title shot. Big Show walks in and wants Triple H. He jacks Maddox up against the wall.
Zack Ryder vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and Zack Ryder waits as World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio makes his way out for a non-title match.
They lock up and go to the corner. Del Rio knocks Ryder down first. They run the ropes and Ryder tosses Del Rio and takes him to the corner. Ryder with more offense and a clothesline, sending Del Rio to the floor. Ryder leaps out but Del Rio moves and he hits the floor. Del Rio tosses Ryder into the barrier and stomps away. Del Rio brings it back in the ring and keeps Ryder on the mat. Ryder tries for a comeback and gets a 2 count. Del Rio catches him with the tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and stomps on the arm.
Ryder comes back and hits a missile dropkick. Ryder with a forearm into the corner and the Broski Boot for a 2 count. Del Rio blocks the Ruff Ryder with a German suplex and a kick to the face. Del Rio with a stomp before applying the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio poses and kicks Ryder again.
– Up next, Paul Heyman will propose to Ryback? We go to commercial.
– We give a round of applause to a group of breast cancer survivors and their families sitting at ringside.
– We go to the ring and out comes Ryback with Paul Heyman.
Heyman talks about CM Punk and shows us footage from last week where they beat CM Punk down in Chicago. Heyman goes on and starts putting over Ryback, calling him a big beautiful man. Ryback says he hates a bully and to see Punk take all the knowledge and friendship he got from Heyman, to see him take all of that and throw it back in Heyman’s face, he couldn’t let that stand. Ryback has his hand on Heyman’s cheek now. He calls Heyman a genius. He says there’s nothing, and he means nothing, that he wouldn’t do for Heyman. Heyman says 2013 is such a progressive year with so many movements. It’s time that people come out in the open and are honest with the way they feel about each other. Heyman says he doesn’t want them to be stigmatized. He feels free, liberated and more like a man now. Heyman says this is because of Ryback and he wants to feel that way every day for the rest of his life. Heyman says this needs to become an official commitment. Call it a relationship, a marriage, a partnership or whatever. Heyman says he even ran this by his children. Heyman wants to make this commitment in sickness and health, until death do us part. Heyman says he wants to make an honest man out of Ryback. Heyman grabs Ryback’s hand and drops to one knee. Heyman teases it and looks to be proposing marriage but stops and asks Ryback if he will be a Paul Heyman Guy. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Punk doesn’t come down the ramp. He tries to surprise them and runs through the crowd as the fans pop. Punk slips on the barrier and falls hard on his knee. This looks real and not part of the angle but nobody comes to check on him. Ryback and Heyman look on but look like they don’t know what’s going on. Punk tries to walk it off and tries to get on the apron but falls back to the floor and clutches his knee. A trainer comes down. Heyman walks over concerned and Punk gets up swinging a kendo stick from under the ring. Punk unloads with the kendo stick and also takes out Curtis Axel who runs down. Ryback and Heyman retreat to the stage as Punk unloads on Axel. Punk lays Axel out and taunts Ryback from the ring as his music plays.
– We see Big Show backstage waiting in Triple H’s office. Back to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler and The Usos vs. The Shield
Back from the break and The Shield waits in the ring as Dolph Ziggler comes out. The Usos are out next.
Dean Ambrose starts off with Ziggler and they go to the corner. Back and forth to start. Ziggler tackles Ambrose and unloads with right hands. Seth Rollins tags in but Ziggler takes him down. Jimmy Uso tags in and unloads on Rollins for a 2 count. Jey Uso comes in with a splash for a 2 count. Ambrose comes in and turns it around, taking back control for The Shield. Rollins tags back in and keeps up the attack on Uso. Another tag to Ambrose.
Ziggler and Reigns come in and a brawl breaks out. The Shield get dumped to the floor and The Usos leap out onto them. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins is in control of Jimmy Uso. Ambrose comes in and prevents a tag. Reigns comes in but gets sent out to the floor again. Reigns comes back in and shoves Uso to the corner. Uso comes right back with a big superkick. Rollins comes in and stops a tag. Ambrose and Ziggler tag in at the same time and go at it with Ziggler in control. Ziggler nails a bunch of elbow drops. More back and forth. Ziggler with the Fameasser. Everyone gets involved again. Ziggler nails a Zig Zag on Rollins but Reigns spears Ziggler for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– We see Big Show getting ready to fight while waiting on Triple H in his office. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Big Show is in Triple H’s office. Police officers walk in with a detective. Show has to come with them. Stephanie McMahon walks in and says Show has just been under a lot of pressure. She says they have everything under control and vouches for him. Stephanie says she talked to Show’s wife earlier today and she said he doesn’t measure up to her expectations at home either. Everyone leaves and Show sits down to cry. Show gets up and sees Triple H’s DVD cover poster on the wall. He punches it, putting a hole in the wall, and walks off.
– Renee Young is backstage with Rob Van Dam, also wearing a new pink t-shirt. She asks him about the Battleground match. RVD says he excels when it’s hardcore rules and shows us footage of some of his matches over the years. RVD says Del Rio shows no mercy in the ring but he has no clue what hardcore rules means.
– Hornswoggle, Santino Marella and The Great Khali are walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and Zeb Colter is cutting a heel promo in the ring. Typical back and forth tag match. Cesaro hits a massive giant swing on Santino. Santino ends up getting the win with a quick pin on Cesaro.
Winner: Santino Marella
– After the match, everyone is shocked as Santino celebrates with Hornswoggle and Khali.
– Up next, Bryan and Orton come face to face. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Jerry Lawler is in the ring. He talks about Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella getting engaged. Lawler brings out Bryan first followed by Randy Orton.
Lawler says this is meant to be a verbal confrontation only. Lawler talks about Bryan being stripped of the title. Orton was upset at first that he wasn’t given the title back but says it’s motivated him to return to being the Viper. Orton says he will beat Bryan on Sunday because he’s genetically superior to a small, pathetic, weak, B+ goat-faced troll like Bryan. Bryan says Orton talks a good game but mocks him. Bryan says Orton needed Triple H’s motivation to reach his full potential. Bryan says he has never needed motivation from anyone. Bryan says he will beat Orton for the WWE Title on Sunday. Fans chant “yes!” and Orton tells them to shut up. Orton brings up the engagement. He asks what’s so wrong with Brie that she settles for Bryan. Orton says Bella will wake up one day and realizing she’s with a barnyard animal and not someone like him. Bryan attacks Orton and takes the fight to ringside. Bryan unloads but Orton turns it around and beats Bryan up. Orton goes for a draping DDT from the apron to the floor but Brie runs down. Orton looks at her and then drops Bryan face first on the floor. Brie rushes over to check on Bryan. Orton walks away but comes back and scares her into the barrier. Orton starts taking apart the announcers table. Brie yells at Orton to stop. Orton drops Bryan through the announcers table with a RKO as Brie looks on. Referees check on Bryan as Orton walks away. Brie rushes back to Bryan now. RAW goes off the air with Orton looking on.